Cooper Bradshaw recognise that every client is different and requires a tailored service to meet their invididual needs and situations but below is a summary of our more traditional services:
Annual Accounts Preparation
- We can prepare full accounts for your business whether you have a limited company are in a partnership or a sole trader
- Produce financial statements for filing at Companies House and abbreviated accounts to ensure the minimum amount of financial information is made available to the public
Accounts are processed in an efficient manner. You should expect to receive either the completed accounts or queries relating to the accounts within three weeks of sending the records to ourselves.However, we can do more than just report the history of what has already happened, we can…
- Identify areas where you can minimise your tax liability
- Identify areas of the business that gives you the most opportunity to make improvements
- Use the accounts to help you measure where you are meeting your goals and what actions you need to take
We take the time to explain your accounts to you so that you understand what is going on financially within your business, helping you to plan for the future.
Management Accounts and Information
Up to date, relevant and quickly produced management information allows you to make the right decisions.
Our management accounts and information services include…
- Monthly or quarterly management accounts;
- Reporting of key performance indicators that are the underlying drivers that run your business;
- Help with in house systems for you to produce your own information;
- Training on how to get the most out of your information;
- Supplying management information to lenders;
- Branch/Divisional results;
- Actual performance compared to budget and/or comparative periods;
- Costing information, including break-even turnover levels.
Taxation Services, Tax Returns and Self-Assessment
Tax Returns can be completed for…
- Individuals and sole traders;
- Limited Companies.
The self-assessment regime is full of penalties and HMRC enquiry powers are extensive. It’s important that…
- Returns are correctly completed;
- They are filed on time;
- All backup records are retained for the appropriate period of time.
As well as the completion of your return we can assist with…
- Advice on your tax liabilities;
- Negotiating with the Collector if necessary;
- Identifying suitable tax planning opportunities;
- Completing all the necessary tax computations;
- Dealing with all correspondence from HMRC, taking the worry away from you
Personal tax services are available for both business owners and private individuals including:-
- All aspects of Self-Assessment
- Dealing with Tax Returns
- Computation of liabilities
- Corresponding with H M Revenue & Customs
- Computation of Capital Gains
- Preparation of income from property accounts
Are you a buy to let investor, property dealer or developer?Property tax is a bit of a maze and we can advise you on issues such as…
- Tax reduction strategies for rental income;
- What is a repair and tax deductible and what is capital and not;
- When to use a Limited Company to save tax;
- Trading income versus Capital Gain considerations and advice;
- Capital Gains rollover and holdover considerations;
- Stamp duty planning;
- Tax efficient mortgage structures;
- VAT considerations of property deals;
- Making the most of the Principal Private Residence election;
- Tax issues on the sale of part of your residence;
- Second homes;
- Tax advantages of furnished holiday lettings.
Capital Gains Tax
This is a complex area of taxation where good advice given before the sale takes place can save you thousands of pounds. If you are thinking of selling any asset for example a business, buy to let property or shares, please contact ourselves.We can help in the following ways
- Advise on method and timing of disposals to minimize capital gains tax
- Prepare capital gains tax computations and calculate the tax due
- Complete the relevant pages on your Tax Return
- Advice on all matters which relate to capital gains for example only or main residence relief, letting relief , entrepreneurs relief
- Drop off invoices & bank statements etc
- We do all the processing
We can then easily prepare for you:-
- VAT Returns
- Management Accounts
- Key performance indicators
- End of year accounts & calculations
Limited Company Services
We can assist you in the formation of a limited company for urgent requests it is possible to form a company for you within 24 hours.
To check the availability of a limited company, you can use the Companies House Information Service. Type in the name that you want and see if it comes up in the list.
We are able to offer the following services in connection with company formations:-
- Advise on the pro & cons of incorporation in your specific situation
- Appointment of Directors
- Appointment of Company Secretary
- Issue of Shares
- Registered Office services
- Completion of all necessary minutes & resolutions
- Completion of forms 363 Annual Return
- Assistance in opening a bank account
- VAT Registration
- Company registration for company tax
- Setting up a PAYE scheme
- Business Plans
- Raising finance
PAYE & Payroll Services
Everything seemed fine running your own business until the day you took on your first employee and became an unpaid tax collector. This is when you found out what red tape was all about.
Let us take the strain away from you and let you get on with running and growing the business. Payroll is complicated and has to be done on time and you as the employer are responsible for the mistakes.
We run payrolls on time and can provide a tailor made service for your business including…
- Employee payslips;
- Monthly summaries;
- Departmental reports;
- Dealing with leavers and starters;
- Provision of analysis of staff costs;
- PAYE returns for the Revenue;
- CIS returns completed by us.
You will never have to worry about calculating statutory sick pay or maternity pay and dealing with tax credits and student loan deductions ever again!
And at year end…
- Employer Annual Return P35;
- Employee summary P60’s and P14’s;
- P11D and P9D benefit and expenses returns.
And the related tax planning advice…
Beyond the payroll compliance service, we offer comprehensive advice on all employment tax issues including…
- Tax efficient remuneration strategies;
- Planning for retirement;
- Termination payments;
- Inducement payments;
- Company car and van strategies;
- Benefits planning.